KC Dog Club spends lots of time walking and hiking trails along the Blue River. Let’s spend a morning saying THANK YOU to the river for her hospitality.
Be part of Missouri’s biggest one-day clean-up and help clean the Blue River and parks and trails around the river.
Kansas City Dog Club hosts lots of hikes around the Blue River, so let’s do our part to help support the river we love!
This is a dog-free volunteer opportunity. Leave your pups at home.
Blue River Rescue 2017 Details
• Donuts, coffee and juice will be served in the morning
• Lunch is served at noon, back at Lakeside Nature Center
• Tools and gloves are provided
• You should dress for working outside in dirty, possibly muddy, conditions
• Closed-toe shoes are absolutely necessary for your safety and are required
• Insect repellent is suggested. Bring it if you think you’ll need it
• Bring a reusable drinking water container. Drinking water is provided
• There are a wide variety of sites needing attention. Please let me know if you’re bringing anyone under 18
• Clean-up locations are assigned around 9:00 AM and we will depart Lakeside Nature Center at that time
• Being that I (Travis) have participated in this event in the past, the organizers likely won’t be assigning us a “cupcake” clean-up assignment
• This is a dog-free event. Leave the pups at home